I decided to use prints of some butterflies I shot last summer. I chose to do 6 frames, 3 on top, 3 on bottom. And I like to do things cheep. I looked around for frames, but decided on $3 frames from Walmart. The only problem is, they were black, and I wanted white. So I'll just spray paint them. HaHaHa...Not so easy! I realized very quickly after a single coat of paint that this quick little project wasn't so quick and easy. I ended up brush painting all the frames with with acrylic as a primer - 3 coats! Then I spray painted them white - 3 coats! to get the gloss I wanted. A couple weeks later - I had this:
But my bigger plan was to use white vinyl and cut butterfly shapes with my Cricut to place on the wall around the frames.
And this was the result!
Some of the butterflies come from behind the frames...
And some just float around them.
It was a bit overwhelming at first because it's such a change from before. It takes up most of the wall, but now that it's been up for a week, I'm very happy with how it turned out.