Sunday, August 9, 2009

Bless Our Nest

For several months, I've wanted to put wall words above my pantry door in the kitchen.

A space that juts out into the rest of the room, it seemed like the perfect blank space.

And this is what I came up with. Using black Cricut vinyl, I cut the words with the Jasmine cartridge and the birds with the Storybook cartridge.

I'm happy with how it turned out. But the great thing about Cricut vinyl is that it peels off and I can change it as soon as I want a change!

So why the words I chose? My kitchen is decorated in bird houses and a garden theme. After months of looking online and trying to decide what I wanted, the idea came to me to use the title of one of the blogs that I read from a fellow Arkansas blogger Bless Our Nest. It just seemed to fit. Here are a couple of my bird houses that sit above my kitchen cabinets.


Join Between Naps on the Porch for more Metamorphasis Monday!

7 comments:

  1. I love the wording! I also love the birdhouse with the lady bug and bee. It would go so perfectly in my kitchen. If I just have the basic Cricut can I use the vinyl paper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decorating can be so serious so I live when folks do fun things as you have with birdhouses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I so want a cricut...that is so cute.

    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! Love it!
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute! What a perfect spot. I love the birds too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin