Sunday, June 28, 2009

Show Us Where You Live - Master Bedroom

Kelly over at Kelly's Korner is showcasing Master Bedrooms this week during Show Us Where You Live Friday. Welcome to our room. This room is the one I've never "completed." I love the room itself, but we've never bought any furniture for it and slowly but surely I'm adding things here and there.
For 10 years, I've known exactly the bed I've wanted. We even went once to buy it, but got sticker shock and were afraid to spend the money. Shortly after, we got pregnant and part of the money went to our crib. One day! We want a hand-forged iron bed that's made just a couple hours from our home in the great little Ozark town of Mountain View at Stone County Iron Works.
I do love my bedding. The comforter and skirt are by Ralph Lauryn and my MIL bought it for us as a present after months of us looking for what we wanted to replace the one we had. I then made the shams and pillows to match. I really like the colors and forever I had loved the dragonfly fabric, but didn't have anywhere to use it. As soon as we picked the comforter, I knew I would be making shams to match.
This is looking from the outside corner of our room out the door that goes into the living room.


Both pieces of pottery I made when I took a pottery class at the local university.

Both pieces with our name were made for us as wedding gifts. The pictures we had made back in the fall. In the picture above, you can see a canvas behind the chest, the story about that at the bottom.

Another piece of pottery I made in the class. Back before I had kids and had a lot more time, I made all of the balls and eggs in this basket. Including the silver and gold balls which are sequins stuck on with straight pins. Some are beans, some are rice painted gold and the rest are hand painted. Oh to have that kind of time now!

My mom made this rabbit for me years ago. She sits on top of some of our old Bible's from high school and college.


The hope chest was a Christmas gift from my dad when I was in early high school. It still holds a set of China that I don't have room for with my other China, some Christmas stuff and lots of memory type items.

One thing I love about this room is the coffered ceilings. It makes the room big and open and adds a lot of detail.



The chair sits to the side of my bed. It was an old chair that my husbands grandmother gave him and I recovered the cushions to match the rest of the bedding.


Things I'm currently reading.


My plate rack between the closet door and bathroom door.

My closet which I thought was huge when we bought the house. I quickly realized it's pretty much the only storage we have in the house.

Our bathroom. I didn't post this when I did my bathroom post because I'm working on new artwork for the room - it's still not done. Long story. But here's a quick look.

The ONLY thing we didn't like about this house was that it didn't have a jacuzzi tub, but we couldn't justify not buying it because of something that everyone said we wouldn't use anyway. We've always said we could put one in, but probably never will. The double sicks are a must!



Looking out of the bathroom. You'll notice the large blank space above the bed. Again, another area that's been neglected. But NO MORE! I just bought a canvas and I'm going to start working on a painting to go in this space. It might be the end of the year before I finish it, but it's already been 8 years, what's another 6 months!

Okay - for funsies, I decided to do a very quick Photoshop job to show what my ideal room would look like finished. The painting won't be that bold, but it gets the idea. Doesn't the bed make a big difference! Everyone should talk my husband into it!

1 comment:

  1. Cute room! I really like the plants on the wall! That looks so fun and fresh!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin