Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer Banners

I've really gotten into making banners for the holidays and events since the spring. These banners were super easy. I cut the stars and letters on my Cricut. To cut the letters out of the star shapes as I did on some, I used the Cricut Design Studio which allows you to design your own elements, in other words, I simply put the letter inside the star and press cut. On some of the stars, I added background colors, put the letters on top and matted a few. I used some star brads I've had for a while to attach them to the red ribbon. This banner hangs across our double front window in the dinning room.
For the boys bedroom doors, I used the same pattern, but made smaller stars. I then just ran the fuzzy string right through the stars. Some of the paper is a little patriotic for the 4th, but I'll probably leave it up until the end of July.


1 comment:

  1. I love your banners. I want to make some for different holdays. Having a cricut would help...I need to start putting my pennies away.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin