Sunday, December 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Jesus!

The week before Christmas, I found a silicone Christmas tree bakeware at Hobby Lobby half off. I thought the boys would enjoy making a Happy Birthday Jesus birthday cake that we could have that night with dinner. I used one box mix to make 2 cakes - but I think I should have made 3 because they split when I took them out to place on the cake server.
But with a little icing - who knew! Not a pretty icing job either, but it worked. And that is green icing, but you can't tell that real well in this picture.They each got to decorate their own cake. Tyler with a little help from Mommy. The decorating didn't last long, but it was fun for them.
They had red glaze icing, green, blue and red sugar sprinkles, chocolate and rainbow sprinkles, and little star sprinkles.
It didn't take Tyler long to realize it was more fun to pick the stars and icing back off to eat.
Tyler's Cake
Samuel's Cake
Maybe not the prettiest, but the boys had fun and they tasted really good!
Christmas night when the family was here, I said "Oh, I forgot, we have Birthday cake." Kevin's sister Stacy quickly replied - "Who's birthday is it?" In a serious voice I replied "JESUS." She dropped her head and said "Oh yea." We all had a good laugh! Love you Stacy!

1 comment:

  1. Cute cakes! Oh Stacy, that is one for the memory books.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin