Friday, May 1, 2009

My Kitchen

Kelly at Kelly's Korner is hosting Show us Where You Live Friday and is starting with Kitchens. It's fun to see how other people decorate. We will celebrate being in this house 8 years this month with no plans to go anywhere anytime soon.

The kitchen is one of the things I instantly liked about our house. I like the natural stained oak cabients and the open top. I don't like the counter tops, but we've been talking about replacing those and maybe doing a tile backsplash. Not sure when we'll tackle that project though.

Okay, yes, we have two microwaves for those of you who were observant. One obviously was built into the house and the other was a wedding gift. We decided to just use them both and now I'm so used to having two, I don't think I could ever do without two. I cook a lot in my microwaves and often have both going.


Our house is a very open floor plan with the kitchen, dinning room and living room all flowing one into the other. This is the view from our dinning room into the kitchen.

My pantry. Another must when we were house hunting.

Another thing I loved about the house was the built in desk in the kitchen. We are able to have a computer in a central location and I can literally blog or Facebook while I'm cooking dinner.
In the above cabinet I have all of my cookbooks and my china. I would one day like to have a nice china cabinet, but this works so well I kind of forget its there.
In fact, in 10 years of marriage - we've never used it. I know everyone tells you, you won't. It's true. I don't know why we haven't, we just never get it out. I actually have two sets. My other is in my hope chest and it coordinates with this set. My mom gave it to me before we got married and we've never used it either. This china is Federal Platinum by Lenox and the crystal is by Noritake.
Our everyday China we do use everyday. It's Summer Terrace by Lenox and the crystal is Park Lane by Mikasa. Lenox discontinued this pattern not long after we were married so I'm hoping we never break a piece (you know I will now that I wrote that down!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin