Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fall Decor and Monthly Craft Challange


Welcome to Fall!! I love fall! I used to say spring was my favorite, but now it has to be fall. I love the weather, the decorations and all the fun things we do in the fall.

Heidi is once again doing her Monthly Craft Challange and I thought I would double up and show both some things I've made for my fall decor and show a few other things because I've had very limited blogging time lately.

I made this wreath about 12 years ago for a college class believe it or not. For my feature writing class, I had to write a how to article. So I made the wreath providing step by step instructions and photos on how I made it. I'm pretty sure I got an A. I would post the How To, but that was before very many people had digital cameras and I'm pretty sure the pics are some where in my attic. LOL
I don't know how or why, but I got this idea several years ago to make this Jack-O-Lantern. I used a pickle jar, covered it in tissue paper and used floral wire for the curlies and the handle across the top. I usually burn candles in it and it looks neat when lit. This would make a good kids craft by the way.

A couple years ago I made this wreath with things I had left over mostly from the other wreath and some other projects. I had some grape vine that I wound into a wreath, glued on some flowers, a little pick and the raffia bow. The only thing I bought was the little pumpkin. It's on my door coming in from the garage.

My table centerpiece. I won the three little buckets at Bunko. I filled them with brown shredded paper (like you use for gift bags/boxes). Tossed in a few gords and picks and the scarecrow. I bought some pretty fabric that is sheer with coppor colored leaves and just bunched it up under it all. I've used it now for 3 or 4 years and may change it up next year, but I still like the way it looks.
I did not make these, but had to show them. My friend Sebrena made them for me last year. The boys use them for their treat bags.
And a little bit more of my decor. I made this arrangement a long time ago and bought the Autumn sign last year on clearance at Hobby Lobby. You can see my little M&M peeking out from behind the picture. We have other Halloween M&M decorations, but I haven't had time yet to get them out.

And one of my best friends game me this little pumpkin several years ago. I think it's cute, but more than that, it reminds me of her every year when I pull it out. She moved away around 3 years ago and I miss her like crazy!

I'll have another post about my shirts later, but I wanted to show the shirt I made for my oldest son for Halloween. He loves it. I used my Cricut to cut out the spider.


Be sure to visit Blue Eyed Blessings for some great Fall/Halloween Craft Ideas!

2 comments:

  1. Shaila, Look at you go! I think my favorite season is officially Fall, especially after the GREAT weather we've been having these past few days. I really like September in Oregon. Thanks for sharing all of your Fall decor, along with the great things you have created. Your wreaths came out so great...I wish I had that talent. I just went and bought one this year. :) I really like all of the simple touches that you have added to make it YOUR home for the season. Thanks for joining in the challenge this month. Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that shirt, I've never heard of using the cricut to cut fabric!

    Before we moved, my kitchen was decorated in M&Ms. I had curtains with the M&M guys (and gal) dressed for the various holidays. I'd still like to change my current kitchen but haven't gotten the nerve to take down the current walpaper.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin