1. We started out the month with our 10th Anniversary Trip. It was a great time to reconnect and spend some time together away from our busy lives.
2. Vacation Bible School is always one of the best parts of our summer. I wasn't able to help much this year, but Samuel had a great time!
3. Time to play! After the cool and wet spring and two weeks of scorching temps, it is finally a respectable 90 degrees, allowing us the last few days of June to get outside and play and go to the park's splash pad.
4. A little more time to read! I love to read, but have such little time to read much more than Goodnight Moon. In June however I read:
One my my best girlfriends, Kelly, gave me this book months ago and I have very slowly read through it. I was finally able to finish the last few chapters. It's a really good read for any woman and I think it would be great for high school aged girls to read.
I have been a "fan" of the Duggars since their show first came on TLC and I had been wanting to read their book for a while. It was a quick read and had some good advice about parenting. While I don't desire to have 18 children myself, I respect their values a great deal and think they have such loving and giving hearts. And they're fellow Arkansans!
I haven't gotten very far into this book yet, but have enjoyed it so far. Ronda Rich is a favorite author of mine and I've had the opportunity to meet her on two occasions. She's funny and easy to relate to as I myself am a true southern girl.
I just picked this one up the last few days of June and am looking forward to reading it. Best of all, it was 1/2 off at Lifeway and was only $5.59. A cheap summer read.
5. Work slows way down in June and July, which is always great! Here's my column from June: Occasional Comments