Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hopping To Easter

I've always loved to decorate for holiday's, but now that I have kids it's really a lot of fun to make the house festive and to make a big deal out of the holidays. My Easter decorating has been contained to the dinning room (except for the boy's doors), but since that room is the main focal point of our house, it makes a big impression.
I found these sparkly eggs at Hobby Lobby and added them to the arrangement I already had. They are too cute.
And I found this little momma bunny with her baby and thought it was perfect for our house.
For those of you who don't know, we are avid M&M collectors. Really - it's crazy! This is most of our Easter M&M stuff, but I didn't put it all out. The boys Easter baskets are hanging below and you can see Tyler's filled Easter Basket over to the side. Samuel's is hidden because he's old enough to know what it is and to want the things now.
This is my favorite Easter book. It's called My Easter Basket and it tells the story of Jesus resurrection with the items in your Easter Basket. I've read it at our church's Easter egg hunt the last 2 or 3 years and will read it to my Sunday School Class on Easter Sunday. I saw the book at Wal-Mart the other day if you want to check it out.
This is my dinning room chandelier and my favorite. The picture doesn't do it justice. It's very danty and pretty and for a mom of two boys, I need a little dainty in my life.

This is my centerpiece on the dinning room table. I want to add a table runner, but haven't found one yet that I like. I might make one for next year when they put Easter print fabric on cheep.
I made banners to put on the boys doors. I like what I did for Valentines so much, I may start doing this for every holiday. I used my Cricut to make Easter eggs for each of their letters. Then I laminated them with my Xyron and used brands with a ribbon threader to hang them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin