Wednesday, April 8, 2009

One Tip Wednesday

Two weeks ago I showed you how we display Samuel's artwork in his room. But as you can imagine, the artwork comes in pretty quickly from school, church and things we do at home. As new things replace the old things, we have a 12x12 portfolio where we put all of the pieces coming off the board. Note, the 12x12 size is important, because many of the things are larger than a normal 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
After the portfolio gets full, I add of the things to his art scrapbook. I must say though, we don't save everything. There is no way I could save every piece of paper that he brings home from school, but we save the cute art projects and some of the special things like a school bus he colored, one of the first things he stayed inside the lines and it looked like a big boy colored it.

This is not a fancy scrapbook. I use black paper and attach the artwork as it will fit in the book. Some pages only have one thing, some pages are full of things. I do try to keep them in date order, but I also try to maximize the pages so that the book won't be huge.
I do try to stick with themes if possible, especially the holidays.
And the best part is that Samuel can get his book out and look at it and we don't have to worry about messing up the things he has made. I will finish this book out at the end of summer and we will start a whole new one for him for Kindergarten through probably 2nd grade (we'll see). I can't wait to start Tyler's first book too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin